Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I connect and read a linear glass scale that has a TTL output with a USB-6212

As the subject says I would like to connect a linear glass scale to a USB-6212 so that I can use the output in Labview to monitor linear position.  The pinout for the linear scale cable is as follows:

pin 6 A+ Yellow
pin 1 A– Orange
pin 8 B+ Green
pin 3 B– Blue
pin 9 I+ Brown
pin 5 I– White
pin 7 +5V Red
pin 2 0V Black
pin 4 Shield

I also am using a UMI-7774 to connect 4 Kolmorgen drives (AKD) to a PCI-7344 board to control them through labview.  If I an unable to connect through the USB-6212 can I use the UMI?  If anyone knows if I can do this please explain how.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,292 Views)
Providing nothing but the color of the wires is hardly enough information. Provide the make and model of the sensor and the datasheet/manual.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,288 Views)

I was under the impression that the pinout would be enough.  I appoligize that it is was harder to see as the wire colors were right after the pin out information.  Here it is again without the wire colors.

pin 6 A+
pin 1 A–
pin 8 B+
pin 3 B–
pin 9 I+
pin 5 I–
pin 7 +5V
pin 2 0V
pin 4 Shield

It is a ZS Systems Glass Grating Linear Scale GT05.  Attached is the datasheet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,279 Views)
The manual for the DAQ device has a section on how to use the counters for quadrature decoding.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,265 Views)

RTFM 8-16

just use the + ABI line

I=Z

and 0V to DGND

the scale needs 50mA , you can use the 4.5 5V output IF you are within the total power consumption... again RTFM

maybe the MAX assistant can help you, rigth click and create a new DAQmx task , choose the card, signals income, counter, counter0  and MAX will tell you where (PFIx) to connect the A,B,Z lines

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,258 Views)

Henrick,

ok Ill try that.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,255 Views)