Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install pci 6025e

I tried to uninstall and then reinstall pci 6025e in device manager, but it is still display message " The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software" what does it mean???

I have software Labview, measurement and automation, ni 488, ni daqmx 9.0.2..

Please help! Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,430 Views)

Hey Nerdy,

I think what that message means is that the Device Manager couldn't find the proper driver to reinstall the hardware.  When you say "uninstall" I'm assuming that you're right clicking on your device and clicking "uninstall" (correct me if that assumption is wrong).  Additionally, I'm assuming that when you say "reinstall" you mean that you right click on Data Acquisition Devices and choose "Scan for hardware changes".  

When you scan for hardware changes, it should find the device and then proceed to the New Found Hardware Wizard- is your computer going through the New Found Hardware Wizard?  

What you might want to try is to shut your computer down, reseat the device, and boot up your computer again.  Additionally, make sure that the NI Configuration Manager and NI Device Loader found within Control Panel»Administrative Tools»Services are started.   This article might help as well.   If the device shows up in Device Manager but is just unusable, what you might want to do is right click on it and select "update driver".  

Hope that helps, let me know if you still have questions!

Anita Bowman

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,406 Views)

Nope, It couldnot  find the device,my PCI cannot going through the New Found Hardware Wizard? Here is message"The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary sofware, Click back if you have installation media such as a CD-Rom, or if you know the location of the software". What software do I need to install this PCI 6025e? It does work when i install PCI-DIO-32HS. 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,378 Views)

It means DAQmx did not install correctly, the 6025e is bad, the PCI slot is damaged or you found a bug in DAQmx9.0.2  the 6025e is in the list of supported devices for 9.0.2

Try the following:

• Install the 6025 in a known working PCI slot
  • Uninstall DAQmx>Reboot> Install DAQmx 9.0.2 from new media(new download)> install the 6025e 
  • Uninstall DAQmx>Reboot> Install DAQmx 8.7.1 from new media(new download)>install the 6025e
Let us know what worked

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,363 Views)