Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control 6211 with Simulink (vectorial control motor)

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi, I'm Jose, I would like do a vectorial control three-phase motor using Simulink and NI USB-6211, so to do that, I need to get the voltage and currents measurements and transfer it to simlink model at real time, so I will need 3 clamps currents probes, voltages probes, a DAQ compatible with Matlab, etc... This is my first proyect that I'm going to do, and I'm not sure if I can get it using the NI USB-6211, can anyone help me please?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,210 Views)

That's a pretty broad question. I'm not really sure what you're after, but I'd like to recommend looking at the Data Acquisition Toolbox from Mathworks. I would recommend setting up simple programs to just acquire data. You to start. You don't even need real hardware to start with because you can simulate the USB6211 in MAX to start with. One thing to think about is what kind of delay do you require between the moment a sample is acquired and when it is used in software? This can be something that causes frustration later on especially if you're using USB with a motor control that requires a fast (~ms) response. Have you tried acquiring fake data yet with a test program on a simulated device? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,172 Views)

Thank you so much for your response.

I'm going to be more specifict. Years ago, I did a final tesis, about three phases motor control using Simpowersystems in Simulink. Now I would like to use the same control system that I did on my proyect but with a real motor and using the DAQ to transfer the mesurements to Simulink control.

This is only a idea that I would like to do, but Im not sure if it is viable. So before buy the NI 6211 and varios probes that I need, I need to know if is posible to do that.

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,166 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JosemaTorres

It's definitely a viable idea. It sounds like your main apprehension comes from actually getting data from the device into the environment. To help learn and to give you some confidence I'd start by simulating a device in MAX, then acquring data in Matlab or Simulink. 

Message 4 of 4
(4,152 Views)