Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling and acquiring temperatures simulataneously

Hello all, Setup: I'm running an experiment where I'm heating air and measuring its temperature at various points through a system. I'm operating the heaters using a Heater control (OMEGA CN4000 series temperature controller). The thermocouples (K-type) measuring air temperatures are going into the DAQ board (SCB-68). I'm using an analog input step in SignalExpress to measure thermocouple temperatures. I’ve attached my SignalExpress file to this thread.  Problem: What I want to do is to display the thermocouple temperatures in the Heater control as a processed variable while I change the set point. Simultaneously I want to record the temperatures using SignalExpress. I’ve tried to do this by taking in Voltage from my thermocouple inputs on the board and generating an output voltage through my analog output channels on the board. However, this has’nt worked very well. I see two major problems:-          The program does’nt allow me to acquire Voltage and thermocouple temperatures simultaneously from the same channels.

-          Even if I acquire only the Voltage from the board and feed it directly into my Heater Controller, the temperatures displayed are completely incorrect.

I'm completely new with DAQ, so I'll need a lot of help with this.

Help greatly Appreciated,

Thanks,

Ronak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,501 Views)

duplicate post

STOP posting the same question to all of the different boards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,496 Views)