Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQ Diagnostic 2.0 fails to find LabVIEW runtime

I am unable to run the DAQ Diagnostic Utility 2.0. When I try, I get the message that it cannot find the LabVIEW Run-Time engine, of version 8.0 or better.

I installed NIDAQ 9.1, from an installer named NIDAQ910f0.exe, and selected the 'typical' install and the default path.

Then I installed the diagnostic tool. When I open MAX, and look at the 'Software' section, it lists both a LabVIEW run-time of version 8.2.1 and also 8.6.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,829 Views)

Hi Mark,

What DAQ board are you using?  What operating system do you have?  Has this utility ever worked on the device before?  This would be helpful for me on my side.  Although I would like this information beforehand, my next questions would be have you attempted to install the LabVIEW Run-Time engine 8.0?  Can you try and do a repair on your preexisting run-time engines?  

Let me know what you find out, thank you!

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,790 Views)

I am using a PCI-6259, under Windows 7. The diagnostic utility has never worked.

This is a new computer (and A/D board), I haven't done anything re NI software installation

other than what I described earlier, namely installing NIDAQ 9.1.0 and then the Diagnostic 2.0.

I have seen the diagnostic work on another Win7 machine with the same type of card (not the physically same card.)

I have never attempted to do anything explicit wrt to the LabVIEW stuff, we do not use that ourselves.

I would be happy to attempt a repair of the LabVIEW run-time: How do I do that?

I haven't tried checking for software updates either: We are shipping 9.1.0 to customers (with our custom software and instrument), and I want to have the exact same version installed here that we ship.

But I could try that also if you think it would be relevant.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,787 Views)

Hi Mark,

Under requirements on the utility, it states that LabVIEW Runtime 8.0 is required, so it might be best to download that exact version explicitly to see if you can get any results.  It does not have a required OS, but the support listed in the title on our website state that XP is the highest support for an OS.  Knowing this, I would feel having your software updated would increase the chances that this utility would not work as expected.  

To perform a repair, go into Add/Remove Programs and click Change/Remove on the National Instruments listing.  There, you can remove or repair software.  I would use this as a last step, since now it is the least relevant and least likely to have a positive impact on the issue.  

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,784 Views)