Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PCI-6036E and SCC-68 is more suitable to send the analog signal to controll a piezo stage?

Hello

I need to controll and generate an analog signal to control a nanopositioning Piezo stage and I would like to know which one will be better using PCI-7344 board through UMI-7764 or using PCI-6036E board through SCC-68 I/O connector. additional question, I have actualy four wiring pigtailed with LEMO connector, the LEMO connector have two PINs which will be connected to the device, and the 4 wires which will be connected to the signal conditioner, the two pins Ain+ and Ain- with respect to the device, the other 2 wires one is the shield ground and the other one is ground also, the device is CGND, shall I connect the only two differential wires which will be connected in the analog out at the UMI-7764 snd the other one in AOGND at UMI-7764, and the other 2 will be ignored. please may I get any help or advice with full of thanks.

Aneece

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,773 Views)

Hi Aneece,

First off, please try not to double (in your case, triple!) post your questions. It is not polite to flood the discussion forums like that.

Just to let you know, the SCC-68 and the UMI-7764 are basically devices that provide connections. Theoretically, either one should work just fine if you wire it up properly. That said, since you are using motion control here, we normally recommend you get the UMI series of connectors as those are designed specially for easy usage with motor drives.

As for your other question, I'm afraid your description is rather confusing. Perhaps it would help if you could break your sentences into shorter ones, or make it into point form. Best of all, show us a diagram of what you mean. That would help us a lot to understand your question better.

Best regards,
Vern Yew
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,740 Views)