Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200197

After the self-test (using DAQmx 9.0 on Windows XP) on a DAQcard 6024E returned error 200020, I tried the Diagnostic Utility test v1.0. This returns the following error message:

An internal error has occurred.

Error -200197 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Device (arg 5) in Get Device Param.vi->Diagnostic Utility SubVi.vi->Diagnostic Utility.vi

Possible reason(s):

Device does not support this property.

Any ideas what this is about?

Kristien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,318 Views)
Have you tried reseting the device?... just a thought
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,289 Views)

Hey,

If resetting the device doesn't work - try reinstalling or repairing the drivers.  You can download the most recent ones from our website - you're on a fairly recent version but 9.1.1 is the most recent: http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2034/lang/en

Let me know if the issue is the same once you've tried this.  

Kind regards,

Dominic Walker
Cardiff University
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Student
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,281 Views)

Dear Mr. Walker,

I have tried resetting and reinstalling (v. 9.1.1.) but the same error message still remains. The devide does show up correctly in the Control Panel Device Manager and in the MAX "Devices and Interfaces" folder, but the self-test fails.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,256 Views)

Hi Kristien,

Have you tried the device in other PCI slots in your PC? Also, do you have a different PC which has DAQmx installed on that you could test out the device on? Does it still result in the same error when you Self Test? I would like to establish whether this is a software issue or a problem specific to your PCI-6024 device.

Best Regards,

Christian Hartshorne

NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,214 Views)