Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -201388 cDAQ 9188 will not stay reserved.

I have a system containing 6 cdAQ-9188 chassis and 3 cDAQ-9181 chassis on a dedicated network (no other devices or computers).  The system was working fine at initial installation but I needed to remove the computer from the network and connect it to a different network temporarily which required manually setting IP address.  After I returned the computer, I changed the IP and host back to automatically assign addresses.  After this, the IP addresses of the computer and the chassis were not the same as they were prior to the switch, and the chassis are becoming unreserved every time I power them down, restart the computer, or temporarily disconnect the network.  The initial process of reserving the chassis in MAX is also fairly intensive, as the chassis require several full "Restart" cycles before the "Reserve" function will have any effect.  If I do not do several restarts, the reserve button activates and changes to the "Unreserve" option, but when I test the DAQ I get the same error and the button changes back to "Reserve."  After several restarts, the "Reserve" button results in a popup window with a green task bar.  This is when the device has finally been reserved, but as soon as I change anything in the system the reservation is lost.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,953 Views)

Hi JBDburg,

This problem has been seen before and currently we have not found the root of the problem.  There is a simple work around that may potentially solve the issue for you until it is fixed.  

1. If you have not done so, upgrade to DAQmx 9.4 from www.ni.com/drivers

2. In the VI, use the DAQmx Reserve Network Device.vi to reserve the chassis every time the application starts.  This VI is located in the DAQmx palette under Andvanced>>System Setup.

Let us know if this works out for you.

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,934 Views)

Hello again,

I have been informed that this issue has been filed under Corrective Action Request #319619.  Please refer to the release notes of future versions of DAQmx to see if a fix has been implemented.  I hope this helps!

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,920 Views)