Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 88705 with USB-8261 at system boot. Must cycle power or reconnect USB to recognize device.

"The specified device is not present or is not active in the system. The device may not be installed on this system, may have been unplugged, or may not be installed correctly. Device:  Dev1  Status Code: -88705" This error always occurs when rebooting host PC with a USB-6281. Also in Measurement & Automation Explorer, the device appears unconnected (therefore I cannot select Reset Device, and I cannot use DAQmxResetDevice(const char[]) ). I have tried more than one of these DAQs, and more than one PC. The hardware is considered unconnected to the system at bootup, and power must be cycled or USB connection must be unplugged/replugged in. Ready indicator is on though. I have tried multiple USB ports. I am using Windows XP Pro and DAQmx version 8.7.1. Can someone help me please? The device needs to be be available when system is reset. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,845 Views)

Hello Radu,

This is behaviour often seen with HP machines due to their BIOS. Try upgrading to DAQmx 9.0.2.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,825 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry about my first post the device is actually a USB-6281.

My desktop office machine is an HP, but I am also using one in our production machine, which runs on a WinSystems embedded PC board, off of a 2GB Compact Flash. We are still using 8.7.1 because that is the last version available for Windows Embedded.  The regular DaqMX package is too large to fit on the 2 gb compact flash we have. Is there another package we can use for runtime (non-development) support of the data acquisition device? In the meantime, I will see if it is even worth upgrading to the new version. I will install the latest version on my office desktop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,816 Views)
I stand corrected. DAQmx 9.0.2 did fix the issue. I didn't know that before because I hadn't unplugged and replugged in the device, which updates its firmware to be compatible. However, the driver is still too large to fit on the Compact Flash. I will attempt to use DAQmx Base.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,809 Views)

Oops. I guess I wasn't informed until after the download and install of the DAQmx Base package that the USB-6281 isn't supported by the driver. I am extremely frustrated with National Instruments once again for not providing a runtime driver package for my device. I should not have to install a driver that comes in a compressed package that is 1.29 GIGS onto an embedded system (there is no way to fit it onto our 2BG CompactFlash drive). Why are embedded/lightweight systems not taken into consideration with these devices?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,804 Views)

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1450/lang/en

That web page apparently has DAQmx 9.0.2 Runtime (core) which would be ideal for my situation. BUT THERE IS NO LINK TO ANY DOWNLOAD!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,802 Views)
Just downloaded and tried DAQmx 9.0 RunTime Core but it DOESN'T FIX THE PROBLEM. There are so many obstacles in the way of solving such a simple problem! Please, NI, Please, give me a simple solution! Where is DAQmx 9.0.2 RunTime Core, or RunTime with MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,788 Views)

Hello Radu,

I apologize for the inconvenience. I've spoken with the appropriate group and had them upload the file. It should be up on the same link from your previous post.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,770 Views)