Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the function AI_Change_Parameter ?

Hi, everyone, I just bought a NI 4472 DSA board, and want to enable IEPE excitation for a channel for connecting a ICP Accelerometer, but I do not have LabView, only use MATLAB, I don't know how to implement  AI_Change_Parameter function in the matlab? I know the devNum is 1 and chanNum is 2, then directly use this function {AI_Change_Parameter (1, 2, ND_DSA_EXCITATION, ND_ON) } in MATLAB, it does not work, could you please let me know what is the problem and how can I use this AI_Change_Parameter function?

Another question: I checked here and found that the amplifier gain for this NI 4472 DAS board can NOT been adjusted, is that true? I just plan to amplify the signal before it goes to MATLAB.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,112 Views)
Hi,

I'm not very farmiliar with using these function calls from Matlab, but perhaps someone else could give us some advice.

I am, however, very farmiliar with programming with NI-DAQ, and debugging any errors or odd behavior.
Are you receiving an error from this function call?  If so, what is the error?
If you aren't receiving an error, how are you verifying that the IEPE excitation is disabled?

Have a great day!
Travis W
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,095 Views)

Thanks, Travis,

Matlab does not recognize this command at all, the error is "??? Undefined function or variable 'AI_Change_Parameter'."

I am sure that IEPE is not enabled from the signals I collected, and my problem is how to enable this IEPE excitation from Matlab environment only (no Labview)?

Take  care.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,080 Views)
Hi,

I found a similar discussion forum that seems to address the same problem, but there is no mention of the call not being supported.  What libraries are you adding that allow you access to the other Traditional NI-DAQ function calls?

The other option would be to use the 4472 card with NI-DAQmx.  Here is a resource that might help out with this.

Have a great day!
Travis W
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,062 Views)