Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using an analog input on a PCI-6224 and having trouble with the clock source

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using an analog input on a PCI-6224 and having trouble with the clock source. I'm trying to take samples from 16 different analog inputs very quickly. I have the sample mode set to: Hardware Timed Single Point. The rate i'm running at is the max (250kHz(15625Hz per channel)). I left the clock source at the default and I'm just trying to sample repeatedly. The analog input works for a short while (2-3 seconds) and then just stops. Am I doing something wrong or is there something that I'm missing? Any advice would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,690 Views)

Yes, you're doing something wrong. Sample clock needs to be set to Continuous. See the attached screenshot for the main continuous acquisition example in LabVIEW.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
Message 2 of 4
(2,687 Views)

Yeah, I tried that but I was getting some severe latency. The analog input would output changes in the voltage 1-3 seconds after the voltage actually changed. When I changed the sampling mode, the latency was gone.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,681 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author royyytheduck

That's how you clock in samples using the internal sample clock. If you see a delay then something else is amiss with how you're plotting/viewing the data.

Hardware-timed single point is for PID control with a real-time OS.

CTA, CLA, MTFBWY
Message 4 of 4
(2,678 Views)