Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to read the analog voltage output from a NI 9263 module?

I have a NI 9263 analog voltage output module in a cDAQ-9178 chassis.  I am sucessfully sending a voltage output signal from the ao0 channel using VB6.  Is there any way to read the voltage signal being sent from this channel.  I realize I can simpy wire it into an analog in module to obtain a reading but that is not an acceptable solution for my application, as the reading fluctates and is not a constant stable measurement.  This was very easy to do with my old Fieldpoint analog output modules but I cannot find a way to do it with these new modules.  Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,028 Views)

Hi,

I have checked the user manual and specifications for NI 9263 and found that channels only have DACs (digital to analog converters), that are used for output. I haven't found any ADCs necessary for measuring, so I don't think there is a way to measure it on the module itself.

By fluctuations does this mean that this is intended or is this an error?

Best regards

Matej

/* A smart device is only as smart (stupid) as its programmer. */
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,023 Views)

Hi again,

I also tried it as a simulated device in MAX, but couldn't create an analog input task for it.

Best regards

Matej

/* A smart device is only as smart (stupid) as its programmer. */
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,021 Views)

Hi DsX,

With my old Fieldpoint system I could record what the output module was sending out and this was plotted in a graph for analysis.  This was always a steady number up to the 3rd or 4th digit. Now, since I couldn't find a way to record the voltage being output from the module itself, I have to run a wire from the NI 9263 into a NI 9208 voltage input module so I will know what the 9263 is outputting.  Problem is this number dances around constantly and is only steady to the 1st digit, which is not acceptable.  Seems to me when NI discontinued the Fieldpoint platform they took a step back instead of moving forward.  I have several other problems using the new cDAQ platform...but I will save those for another day.  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,014 Views)

I ended up taking an average of 100 readings per second which made the signal steady up to the 3rd digit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,994 Views)