Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAbview program lags and shows data that happen over two minutes ago

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi i am currently using two NI 6070e PCI daq cards (16 analog inputs on one) which are syncronised in the software. In the producer loop I  aquire  data from 32 channels and do my processing on the data in the consumer loop. Each signal is displayed on a waveform graph. I sample at 32 kHz at my problem is that my software runs fine but it lags in the time it take sto update the graphs. The longer I run the software the greater the lag becomes. For instance the data showed on the waveform plot is displayed two to 5 minutes after the event accured. Even if I use a lower sampling rate (3 kHz) the software still lags. The number of samples I read out is always one second of data. How do I make this software run close to real time with out such a big lag. I need to run my software on a windows OS. I know you wont get hard real time on running labview on windows OS, what can I do to improve the speed of my program.

1. Another question on the datasheet of the NI 6070e PCI daq card says the FIFO buffer size is 512 S. Why can I in labview set myh buffer size to a value greater than 512 samples. For example when I sample at 1000 Hz and read 1000 Hz out of buffer i exceed the FIFO buffer isze of the daq card, but my program still runs.

Regards (Sorry for spelling mistake typed this very quickly)

the main VI is DP_software

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michal Kotze
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,429 Views)