Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Correlated Modules for cDAQ

Do any of you know where I can find a list with all the correlated modules of a compact daq?  By correlated, I meant I can send an array representation of a waveform to the correlated module, and the module will repeat the waveform continuously.  I don't want to generate my waveform in a loop that update the waveform one sample at a time.  

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,569 Views)

Hi jyang72211,

Here's a list that should be up to date:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/10462

Note that the list no longer uses the term "correlated" to describe digital modules.  As of DAQmx 9.3, modules which were previously software-timed only in DAQmx now support buffered digital input or output using 2nd generation cDAQ hardware.  Modules which were previously software timed are now referred to as "serial" (since they transmit data back to the chassis serially), and modules formerly known as correlated are now called "parallel" (since each line has a direct connection to a chassis backplane line). 

Serial modules have the following restrictions (from the DAQmx Help):

• You cannot use parallel and serial modules together on the same hardware timed task.
  • You cannot use serial modules for triggering.
  • You cannot do both static and timed tasks at the same time on a single serial module.
  • You can only do hardware timing in one direction at a time on a serial bidirectional module.

A good rule of thumb is that any module with 8 lines or less is a parallel module, and every module with more than 8 lines is a serial module.  You can use either type of module for a buffered digital task if you are on a 2nd generation cDAQ chassis using DAQmx 9.3 or later (with the above restrictions in mind).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,564 Views)