cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load cell save data according to time

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey Mike,

I finally found the 'get waveform components' button. And I found another problem for this example. All the time output is the same(as the final point time), and the Y values works well.  My guess is  because Y value control the auto indexing, so t0 and dt seem do not change for each output.  I am wondering is there anyway I can output time(accurate to millisecond) according to Y value.

Thanks!

Melody

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,505 Views)

Hi Melody,

sorry you are right. To solve it please right click on the Timestamp input and select "change to shiftregister". On the other side of the loop will now also be a shiftregister. Connect the result of the add function to it.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,497 Views)

Hi Mike,

I still have problem for the time stamp. The 'dt' from the waveform seems not what I need . What I need is a timer in millisecond start from 0 then continue with the data. But the 'dt' value just repeated for  each  time 'DAQmx read' is called. Say if I set the number per channel is 50. So for the first 50 samples, the 'dt' increased from 0.001 to 0.0031. Then for the next 50 samples, the 'dt' will start at 0.001 again. Should I plus the t0, or is there a simple timer starting at 0 in millisecond I can use?

Thanks

Melody

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,482 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hygeia44

Hi Melody,

the t0 should change with every new data set. See the attached example please.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 14 of 17
(1,472 Views)

Thanks Mike. This example works well for my VI. Just a quick question: Is there any difference whether I made the output (both time stamp and Y) as double or string ?

Melody

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,463 Views)

Hi Melody,

you can also write it as double, but the the timestamp format is different.

Mike

Message 16 of 17
(1,443 Views)
"Hi Melody,

please see this link for some examples.

Mike"

Nice resource Mike. Kudos for that link. 

Labview 8.5
Meas Studio 2008
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,439 Views)