Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIO-16DE running with XP problem

Just upgraded one of our test sites to XP (from NT) and encountered a strange problem with using the MIO-16DE card to acquire voltages. There are a number of tests currently used that read voltages from various test points on a UUT fine, but I added a new test to simply measure a voltage on a new test point, which is meant to be 7.5V. Using a DMM at the UUT end of the cable, 7.5V is measured. Using NIMax, it measures 7.5V through the Test Panel. Using LabWindows CVI (using a copy of working functions), it always measures 4.998V. Help!

Stuart Betts

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,767 Views)

I tried to edit the original message, so here it is....

Just upgraded one of our test sites to XP (from NT) and have encountered these problems :

PCI6071 

Using the PCI6071 card to acquire voltages. There are a number of tests currently used that read voltages from various test points on a UUT fine, but I added a new test to simply measure a voltage on a new test point, which is meant to be 7.5V. Using a DMM at the UUT end of the cable, 7.5V is measured. Using NIMax, it measures 7.5V through the Test Panel. Using LabWindows CVI (using a copy of working functions), it always measures 4.998V.

MIO-16DE

An error status is returned when using the SCAN_OP function : status -10455 (No DMA channel available on the MIO-16DE card)

Regards

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,762 Views)
Check the max and min for the 6071. Not sure about the error for the MIO-16DE card.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,751 Views)
The card is initialised for +/- 10V limits
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,749 Views)