Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse movement adds noise to acquisition with count edges

I am doing a program that consist on count the pulses of a TTL signal. The problem is that when i move the mouse over the elements of the Front Panel some undiserable and significant counts appear.  I have no ideia why this happens. Do you have any sugestion? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,874 Views)

How are you counting the pulses?  Can you show your code?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,871 Views)

Hows your hardware setup? Where is your signal source coming from, and are you using shielded cables? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,842 Views)

Shure i can show you the code, but it´s a bit confusing.

I start the task outside the loop with "DAQmx Create Channel  (CI Count Edges).vi"

And start/stop de task with "DAQmx Start Task.vi"/"DAQmx Stop Task.vi"

Read the values with "DAQmx Read (Counter U32 1Chan 1 Samp).vi" on a case structure with a feedback node. The DAQ count the number of edges during a certain amount of time, like 10 ms, and then print the value.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,822 Views)

Chantastic!,

What do you mean by hardware setup? It´s how i  create the channel on NIMAX? 

The signal comes from a Function Generator on TTL mode. And yes, the cables are shielded, they are normal coaxial cables.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,818 Views)

Your code is really difficult to debug. Would it be possible for you to run a test using only example code for a counter? At the very least, can you save a new test copy of your code, and start removing functionality until you can narrow it down to a smaller portion of your code where you can recreate this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,794 Views)