Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9265 error 200561

This should be simple, but I'm stumped. I simply need to control the output of A NI 9265 4 mA to 20mA with a slide pointer. One pointer alone works great and I can control the output of AO0. Since I have two proportional valves, I simply added another identical channel (AO1) to the 9265 DAQ, added a merge signals wiring connection, and added an identical slide pointer. Then I get error 200561 :"Attempted writing analog data that is too large or too small..."  Both channels and inputs are set up the same way.  I even placed another DAQ assistant using AO1 and an identical vertical slide pointer. Same error 200561. What am I missing here?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,046 Views)

According to the error message you attached, it appears you are trying to write an output of 0, which is outside of the specified range of 4 - 20 mA. Have you used a probe to verify that this is true?

Could you post your VI so I can look and see if there's something weird going on in your DAQ Assistant configuration?

Patrick O.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,004 Views)

Hello Patrick O.

After a lot of head-scratching I found input to the DAQ from the Vertical Slide Pointer component was going below 0.004 upon startup. (The range is 4-20mA). If I moved the pointer up slightly above minimum before starting execution, there was no error. I corrected it by opening PROPERTIES of the vertical slide pointer, DATA ENTRY tab, and Coercing the output to 0.004 if it ever was to go below minimum. The same was for maximum: coerce to 0.020 if higher. Thank you for your readiness to help. I really appreciate it.

Philip Correll

Equilibar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,000 Views)

Hello, I think when you write the program, there is also a wrong way to 200561, and now I am the same. What is the general solution to this error? thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,852 Views)

In labVIEW there is a pre-installed "current-continous output " example which i want to run via cdaq 9265 to get continous current output on different frequencies. max value-0.02 amps and min value -0.004 amps is already been setup but i am getting this error "Error -200561 occurred at DAQmx Write (Analog 1D Wfm NChan NSamp).vi:6390001 . 

just please help me in the run of that program

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,803 Views)