Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMI memory parity error for pci-6110

Hi,

A pci-6110 card is used in our microscope pc for data collection. Now and then there will be blue screen error with NMI, memory parity error. The driver of the card is wrote by microscope manufacture. Can anyone help with this problem, (the crash is a very serious problem, because it cause other parts damage in microscope for example the power unit failure in another unit of microscope once after crash)? Is this card problem, how could I test for it?

Thanks in advance,

Carol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,130 Views)

Carol,

Looking around the NI site, it appears that sometimes the issue is just a bad card. Have you always had the Blue Screen behavior or is this a recent issue? It could also be an issue with the driver from the microscope manufacture. My suggestion would be this:

1) Try the PCI card in a different PCI slot or even another computer to rule out an issue with your specific computer.

2) Contact the Microscope manufacture and see if they are aware of this behavior.

Without knowing the program behind the "driver" then it's hard for us to narrow down the problem. You could also setup your computer to do a memory dump when it blue screens, this is often helpful if you believe the issue is with the hardware.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,123 Views)

Thank you very much!

We have changed this card to a new pc, problem still exists. I asked about this from Microscope manufacture and they said this error only happen in our system. Thanks for your advice and I will ask them to send us a new card to see if problem will be solved.

Thanks again,

Carol

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,110 Views)

Probably the motherboard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,006 Views)