Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read thermocouple with offset

Hi,

I am trying to read measurements from a thermocouple continoously using a buffered operation. If I don't use the offset node then this runs perfectly. I now want to read this operation with an offset but this does not work. I get no values at all.

It returns also the following error:

Untitled 1<append>
<B>Property: </B>RelativeTo
<B>Corresponding Value: </B>Most Recent Sample
<B>Property: </B>Offset
<B>Corresponding Value: </B>-2

<B>Task Name: </B>Temperatur

My code is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,825 Views)

Hello Duncan,

I have a few further questions to ask you:

First of all, which versions of DAQmx and LabVIEW are you using? Could you also tell me what happen if you set the offset valur to 0. Does it work again or you also get no values at all? One last thing to think about is the execution of the node. Properties are executed from the top to the bottom. I am not very familiar with DAQmx in LabVIEW so I can not tell you if the order of execution of the properties plays a role in that case but it could be something to check.

Regards 

Message 2 of 5
(2,806 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!

I am using LV2010 SP1and Daq 9.3.0f2. If I set Offset to zero it works again.

I can play a bit with the nodes and will tell you if something changed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,803 Views)

Hi Duncan,

Can you tell me which card you are using? I tried your program with a simulated M Serie card and two channels. It looks like working almost properly. Almost because it works in highlight execution but not in normal execution. Can you check if in highlight modus it works also for you? If so, adding a short temporisation after starting the task should solve your problem.

Regards 

(2,799 Views)

Yes it actually runs in highlight execution.

I think that solved the problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,796 Views)