Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running the example C code on a Linux machine

Okay now I'm new to this product (NI 6215). I have a linux machine (open Suse 11.2) which I downloaded the daqmxbase on. I'm trying to run one of the example codes I found in the directory /usr/local/natinst/nidaqmx/niexamples/ai/acquire1Nscan. I was able to complie this code. But when I tried to run it, I get different readings all the time. I only have one pressure transducer with 0-5 V output. To which pins should I hook it up in my NI 6215? Is there anythig that I'm not seeing here?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,846 Views)

Dear Kichew,

The pins you should use depend on the grounding of your pressure sensor. Please refer to this page to find out which input terminal configuration you should use in your specific case.

Daniel

Dániel Fülöp
Field Application Engineer (CLA, CTA)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,826 Views)

Hello Kichew,

Another good resource on hooking up inputs to your NI 6215 can be found in the DAQ M Series: NI USB-621x User Manual at page 3-1. 

You can also set up a task in Measurement & Automation Explorer for the pressure transducer you are using and view the Connection diagram. You would do this by right clicking on your NI 6215 and selecting "Create Task", selecting "Acquire Signals --> Analog Input --> Pressure --> Pressure (Bridge), selecting a channel (such as ai0), naming the task, then going to the bottom of the page of the task you created and clicking on the Connection Diagram. There is a video online called "Creating a task in DAQmx and using it in LabVIEW lpful.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or related issues!

Andrew Brown

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,819 Views)