From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some thing about Digital U8 1Chan 1Samp

Hi

I am amazied with the sample and channel

just like PCIe6537,   it is 32 channels with per-channel directional control.

i want to use the 32 channels all, and  continue to collect data.So should i chose "Digital U32 NChan 1Samp" or "Digital U32 1Chan 1Samp"

I think the two channels maybe have different means. in "Digital U32 1Chan 1Samp" the 1 channel may have 32 lines, and this 'line' is the same mena as the 'channel ' in PCIE6537's 32 channels.

Please help me

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,467 Views)
It depends on what you choose when you use the DAQmx Create Channel. When you use the polymorphic type for Digital Input, one of the inputs is line grouping. Over there, you can select 'one channel for each line' or 'one channel for all lines'. And, that will help you pick the polymorphic type for DAQmx Read.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
Message 2 of 4
(3,455 Views)

hi Adnan Z , Thanks very much.

if i use"Digital U32  1chan 1 samp" and set to "one channel for one line" then can i get 32bit data for one instance? if i can get,why are there 32bits?

in the line there are bit datas, for one sample i think it is only 1 bit, and there is only a line, so i should get 1 bit fore one instance.

where is the problem?

thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,432 Views)
No, if you were to use one channel for each line and selected multiple lines, you would get an error if you used 1Chan 1Samp. You would have to use NChan 1Samp.
Message 4 of 4
(3,429 Views)