Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding filters to events counted from a counter hardware used is daqpad6016

Iam trying to capture the rising edge of an event occurs at every 250 secs, it seems lot of glitches get counted , how can i implement a filter based on timebase as well as voltage magnitude, say i want to filter out any events occuring less than 200ms and any events with magnitude less than 3.5voltage .
please see the attached code
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,486 Views)

tpman,

The digital filter is available and easily implemented on many of our most popular USB devices.  Unfortunately the USB-6016 does not have that functionality.  All of our USB M Series devices enable you to remove "glitches" that are less than 200ms.

On your second point, all of our counters are TTL compatible.  This means that a digital "high" will be considered anything above 2.0V.  If you want to trigger on anything 3.5 volts or higher, you may have to use the analog input trigger circuitry in conjunction with counters.

If you go this route, you may even be able to implement some hysteresis to help eliminate some of the false counts.  You can read more about Level Triggering with Hysteresis in the E Series Help.  Just search for "hysteresis" in the .chm file.  Give these articles a look and let me know what you think.

Best Regards,

Jeff Tipps
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,472 Views)