Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9132 and NI MAX (2)

Hello,

My installed version of NI Max is not recognizing my cDAQ-9132 controller. When I connect the cDAQ to my PC via USB, the cDAQ appears as a USB device under "Devices and Interfaces" but it is not recognized as a DAQ. Furthering the mystery, when I connect a cDAQ-9171 via USB, it is immediately recognized and configured. See screenshot below. Is there a special driver fro cDAQ 9132 that I'm missing? Any other explanation for why recognize one but not the other?  

Configuration:cDAQ-9132 (4 slots )

Modules: One NI-9234 modules

Computers running windows 10

Labview Version 2014 (Ni MAX 16.0.1)

Thanks for your help,

vjc777

1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,006 Views)

@vjc777 wrote:

Hello,

My installed version of NI Max is not recognizing my cDAQ-9132 controller. When I connect the cDAQ to my PC via USB, the cDAQ appears as a USB device under "Devices and Interfaces" but it is not recognized as a DAQ. Furthering the mystery, when I connect a cDAQ-9171 via USB, it is immediately recognized and configured. See screenshot below. Is there a special driver fro cDAQ 9132 that I'm missing? Any other explanation for why recognize one but not the other?  

Configuration:cDAQ-9132 (4 slots )

Modules: One NI-9234 modules

Computers running windows 10

Labview Version 2014 (Ni MAX 16.0.1)

Thanks for your help,

vjc777

I have never used a 9132, but I have used 9171's before.  The 9171 is just a "dumb" chassis that holds a cDAQ module that can be accessed using Max on a regular computer running LabVIEW to acquire data.

From what I just read, the cDAQ-9132 is a stand alone controller that does not need your computer running LabVIEW to operate.  So I am going to guess that you would need to log onto the 9132 to access the 9234 module.  The last link might be some help as well.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371800d.pdf

ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/cdaq/controllers/Using_NI_CompactDAQ_Controllers.pdf

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/cDAQ-9132-unable-to-see-modules-in-Project-Explorer/td-p/...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,949 Views)

Hello vjc777,

Does the cDAQ has Linux Real Time or Windows Embedded?

The device should show under "Remote Systems" and not devices and interfaces.

Regards

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,939 Views)

Hello Randy,

It appears from the product description in "My Products" list that the cDAQ has Linux Real Time. (The product appears listed as "NI CDAQ-9132 NI CompactDAQ, Atom1.33GHz ,16GB, 4-Slot,Linux RT" in my list of registered NI products.)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,871 Views)