Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different of digitizer ni 5154 with digital osiloscope

Hello,

I want to buy TDS 1002B digital oscilloscope which it can connect to PC with a GPIB. Also, I see a NI 5154 is a Digitizer/Oscilloscope.

I want to know difference of TDS 1002B digital oscilloscope with NI 5154.

Would you help me please.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,369 Views)

You are comparing a scope with a 60 MHz bandwidth (Tek) to a scope with a 1 GHz bandwidth (NI). Sort of like comparing apples to oranges. The USB-5133 might be a more valid comparison to the Tek scope.

p.s. Why would you order the scope with GPIB when it comes with USB?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,359 Views)

Thank you for your reply. 

I want to know do you prefer TDS2001B or NI Digitizer 5154? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,355 Views)

They are not comparable as you can tell from the specs so I really don't understand your question. If you only need the bandwidth of 60 MHz, why would you consider a scope with 1 GHz bandwidth, especially considering the cost difference? If you need the 1 GHz bandwidth, then it's silly to consider the Tek scope.

If you want to know whether to choose a traditional scope or a pc based solution, then that is a different question and what to use will depend on a large number of factors. I build or have built, stand alone test systems and do not need a lab scope that will be sitting on some bench. I have usually found the pc based scopes to be more cost effective and with the case of pci/pxi, much faster. With a stand alone test system, I do not need or want a display for an instrument and certainly do not want or need any front panel controls on an instrument.

Before any recomendations can be made, you need to provide a lot of details on the application and how the instrument will be used.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,349 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

the scope of the work is to monitoring the health of structures online, using wave propagation. we want to generate a wave with a high frequence about 1 MHz, and receive the wave after travelling through the structure. to detect the defect.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,336 Views)