Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invert DC output from 5 to 0 volt

Hi, I am a kind of beginner of Labview. I want drive solenoide valve of MFC. 5 V open and 0 V close. I am using DAQ 6008 and is there any simple way to do that? I am thinking of inverting 5 V output. Could you give some tips to do that? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,825 Views)
You could probably use the Digital output line on your USB 6008 to control the solenoid

But better check if the solenoid is compatible with the sourcing capability of your Digital output line
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,811 Views)

Welcome to the discussion forums, Myounggu!

The USB-6008 user guide (page 22) indicates that it has open-collector (open-drain) digital outputs, so you will have to supply to source voltage to drive the line. As a new user to LabVIEW, I always recommend getting started with an example program. In LabVIEW, click on “Help » Find Examples” and search for the type of task you want to do. In your case, you can browse for examples by selecting “Hardware Input and Output » DAQmx » Digital Generation”. I would recommend starting with either “Write Dig Chan” or “Write Dig Port”.

An additional resource is this DAQmx tutorial which gets you familiar with the most common tasks in DAQmx.

Post again after looking at these resources if you have more questions.

Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,795 Views)