Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output a voltage when a certain level is exceeded

I'm sure this would have come up before as it sounds fairly simple, but I couldn't find anything and with limited Labview experience I'm stuck with this problem:

I have a rotating machine running with several sensors and accelerometers attached, and I want to shut down the system when a certain level of vibration is detected. The physical side of this is being taken care of, but I need to have a VI which will read the vibration signals, detect when a certain value is exceeded, and output a voltage at this point. There are two accelerometer channels, located at different points on the machine, so it is simply when either one of them detects that level that the output must occur. I have been attempting to design one which creates an array from the two channels, reads the AI signal and outputs a value to an indicator. This indicator would then compare the value to a fixed number (the maximum acceptable vibration), and  then activate the output when this value is exceeded. I started making it but now am just confused at which sub-VIs I should be using to do what, and I haven't found any examples close to this application.

I do not know if this is the best way to do this, if there is a better way or if someone can point me in the direction of an example of this it would really help. I am using quite an old version of Labview - version 6, unfortunately the PCs running it would not be able to run a later version.

Zak
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,763 Views)
Hi,

I think it's not so difficult to program. The main issue is that you are in Labview 6, so no body use it anymore (impossible to send you a small example) and the second problem is that you must do it with the DAQ traditional driver (and not with DAQmx that is not supported by labview 6) and it's more difficult to help you !

If you ask me, I can show you a screen copy of a example in labview 8 with DAQmx ...

Bye
Wilfried.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,746 Views)
Yeah if you could show me an example of how it works in version 8 that would be great, I have one newer PC which can run that version, but this is not used for data acquisition.

P.s. I've made this in the wrong forum, I did ask a moderator to move it but obviously that hasn't happened yet, can someone move it to the labview forum if they see this.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,742 Views)
Hi Zak,

I hope you are doing well today! Is it possible for you to post your code or maybe a screenshot of it so we can offer some suggestions as to what you are doing wrong.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,713 Views)