Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using labview with other drivers for data acquision

I'm using LabView with a 3rd party Daq & need help with the block diagram (attached). Its not running so am wondering if its incomplete!! please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,827 Views)

Seni,

I was not able to run your VI because if you are using 3rd party drivers then the drivers would need to be installed to run your VI.  Most drivers come with example programs that show how you can use the drivers VIs to communicate with a device.  I would suggest looking at some example programs that come with your driver so that you can establish communication with your device and also learn how to use the driver to develop your own application.  Using example programs can also be a great tool to help debug problems especially if you are just getting started.  You can start with an example program and modify it piece by piece until you have the behavior that you desire.  You might also consult any documentation that comes with your driver and DAQ device.

If you are still having issues please provide some more information as to what exactly is happening and I can try and help.

Have a great day,

Brian P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,803 Views)
is there somewhere I should input the serial number of my daq for labview to pick it up?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,784 Views)

Message Edited by Seni on 10-09-2006 04:07 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,785 Views)

Hello Seni,

Whether or not you need to enter a serial number or other information for your card will be dependent on the driver you are using.  I cannot advise you on this. 

I can however explain how it would work with a National Instruments card and the NI-DAQmx driver.  First you would install the DAQmx driver.  You would shut down your computer and install your DAQ board.  Upon reinstalling, the card would install and be recognized by the driver.  Each card has a name such as 'Dev1' which can be set in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).  This information is used in LabVIEW to recognize and control the card.

I recommend checking the documentation for your device to determine how to call it from LabVIEW or contacting the 3rd party manufacturer.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer O.
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,763 Views)
Thank you all. Your advice helped
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,749 Views)