Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual channels

Hello to everyone,

I'm using an old DAQ, the model PC-MIO-16E-4, with 5 thermocouples. In MAX, I defined 5 traditionnal NI-DAQ Virtual channels for each of the thermocouple.

Version of MAX I used is the 3.1.1.3003, and 7.1 for LabView

My problem is that with my vi, when I put the virtual channel name in the channel input, I cannot find the name that I defined with MAX. It's like they don't exist. I used this vi in the past with MAX and I didn't have any problem. Is it possible that something changed with a more recent version of MAX or LabView?

Also, I don't understand why my vi has error. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

Marc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,671 Views)

Hi Marc,

If I understand your post correctly, your VI was running on an older version of LabVIEW and you recently upgraded to LabVIEW 7.1.  What version of LabVIEW did the VI work with?  Did you install the Traditional NI-DAQ driver after upgrading LabVIEW?  By default, the Traditional NI-DAQ driver installs to the latest version of LabVIEW and removes support for previous versions.  You will not have Traditional DAQ functionality if you upgraded LabVIEW without reinstalling the driver.

If you have installed the driver correctly, the KnowledgeBase article KB 2WFE5JEW: Virtual Channels Missing in DAQ Channel Name Control or Constant describes how to change the type of channel list to include your specific channels.

Is the error that you mentioned related to the Virtual Channels not showing up in LabVIEW?  Maybe you could post the error code and description so we can look into it further. 

Keep me posted on your progress.

Best Regards

Hani R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,636 Views)