Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D/A converter

Hello. I am currently doing a shape filter and need a 8bits Digital to Analog Converter. (DAC) . From the library, i only managed to find current output  DAC. I want to have a DAC converter with voltage output. Any recommendations? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,441 Views)

Output the IDAC into an Op amp. See image below. You could also do this differentially for better performance.

IDAC.PNG

IDACdiff.PNG

Images from App Note: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwiYiuHKm9LLAhUB0mMKHV-TDm4...

I should mention, you can use other op amps, not just the ones shown. Also what version Mutisim are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,411 Views)

Not sure what version Mutlisim you are using, but I found voltage DACS in the master lib under mixed. I also found models in my mouser lib. Not sure if my version is compatable, but I will post the schematic using a few symbols below. Note: The bottom symbol U3 can be used with simulation.

DACS.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,404 Views)

Hi. I am using multisim version 11.0. There is another question about the IDAC from the library. What is the code table used inside it? eg. 1111111 will get what as output. I am going to use the DAC converter as bipolar operation. 

Message 4 of 4
(4,388 Views)