Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost inputs on a ssd

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working on a project for school. It is a single SSD that is triggered by 3 switches. As it goes between the 8 cases (000, 001, 010, ect.) it should flash 0, 1, -, 1, 8, -, 9, 4.

I am working on a project for school. It is a single SSD that is triggered by 3 switches. As it goes between the 8 cases (000, 001, 010, ect.) it should flash 0, 1, -, 1, 8, -, 9, 4.

Now to the problem everything works up until the 2nd - (case 101 should be just LED g), What happens it that the SSD shows up as a 4 (LED's B, C, F, & G). I tried removing the wire coming from case 101 and still I get a 4. I don't know what's happening and I've tried everything I can think of. My file I've been working off of is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,219 Views)

I don't know why it posted the first part of my post 3 times. Every time I try to edit it, it adds 5 more so I just left it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,214 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jordan Cole

Hi Jordan,

I won't redesign your circuit but I can give you tips that may help.  Have a look at the attached file, I added a Word Generator that counts from 0-7 and also added probes, this way you can cycle through all the stages and easily see where you went wrong.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,178 Views)

Thank you so much I originally thought that was the problem but I looked at only the one and nothing came up. I guess I probably should've looked a little closer. That word counter is very nice I'll probably use that in the future. I fixed it and it's working perfect. Good thing is I just started breadboarding it so if this problem arises again for anyone else I'll know what to do. Oh and thanks for not telling me directly.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,170 Views)