Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation slow

Hi Guys,

i have a friend who has been using Multisim for a couple of years, but he has always said it would be nice if was it bit faster. He has upgraded the PC with a beast of a video card (nvidia rtx4090), I helped him migrate the application to the new PC but it is still slow.

Basically when he plays the simulator for the schematics he has created and looks at the oscilloscope the wave is very slow but when he zooms in on the schematics the wave on the oscilloscope speeds up.

Is there a way to fix this or has anyone experienced this.

Thanx in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(411 Views)

If your "friend" has a problem, maybe he should post here and provide significantly mode detail.

• What does the simulation do?
  • What is the CPU and memory used during simulation? For example is one CPU core saturated?
  • The term "slow" can have many different meanings to different people, so please define it?
  • Throwing a high powered video card at a problem seems completely misguided, especially since the GPU is probably not used for any of the calculations.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(409 Views)

Скорость.gif

Changing analysis parameters changes the speed of simulation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(373 Views)

Ill advise my friend to adjust the parameters as provided and see if that helps, if not I will see if a can get a screen recording of the issue he is encountering.

Note: The circuit is very complex. Is multi sim limited with the size of the circuit?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(278 Views)