Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming the 8051 IC for precise control of illumination

good morning. Could any one please assist me. I want to simulate the precise control of illumination circuit on multisim http://www.edgefxkits.com/precise-illumination-control-of-lamp. I see there is no opto isolator, zero crossing detector on multisim and need to know how to find a substitution. Also if any one can assist in telling me how to go about programming the IC - 8051 for this task. If multisim cannot be used then any suggestions on other softwares that could be used.

thank you

warm regards

please refer to the link provided and you will find the additional information tab as you scroll down the page which provides the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,490 Views)

I think it is unrealistic to try to simulate the 8051, especially including a program.

Why not start by simulating the triac and lamp circuit? Develop the correlation between firing angle, lamp voltage and power, and optical output. You would need to do this to develop a suitable program, anyway.  This is in itself a substantial and non-trivial simulation task.  The lamp resistance depends very strongly on its temperature as does the optical output.  You will need to carefully examine and validate any lamp modules to be sure that the simulation behavior is realistic in the dimmed operating regime. You may need to develop your own non-linear resistor model for the lamp.

One of the first circuit simulations I ever did was written in Pascal on an 8086 processor. It ran for a whole weekend to calculate the rms output of a phase controlled triac (or SCR) when the input sine had a particular distortion. And it got the wrong answer.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,486 Views)

I will continue researching and try and find solutions. I am a student of the power department and have no clue of C+ programming or any programming. I want to control power, so I save on energy under lighting/illumination, its a thoery project and I would like "spice it up" by making a design. I have found code for Kiel C which shows, how to do the LCD and numb pad/track pad and interface it with the 8051 chip. Could I use the same code for multisim from Kiel or coded for Kiel?

Possible suggestions on creating a opto isolator which multisim does not have? or how do I look for it?

http://www.electrosome.com/interfacing-keypad-8051-microcontroller-keil-c/

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,483 Views)