cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI ELVIS III : No sign of life

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

We recently acquired an ELVIS III learning board in our establishment. In the beginning, I saw the board on NI MAX, when I connect it with the USB cable, but it does not respond on mesurmentLive. However, it does not appear if I connect it with the ethernet cable despite the fact that I see the USB IP and ethernet IP addresses on the LCD screen of the board. I followed the youtube videos of NI channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwD-SG2fO3U&list=PLfA_ALnQzsj7sfpm-Sc0YPCpLaX4vEnRi&index=4
to reinstall its software. And since there is no sign of life. The board no longer responds to either the USB or Ethernet ports and the LCD screen no longer displays anything. The only sign of life is that it appears on NI MAX without an IP address and on the device manager but without a driver as shown in the attached figures. I want to ask if this is a software configuration issue or it's a hardware issue. The model is still under warranty.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,138 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zied

Hello!

If your OS is 64 Bit, you can download the latest ELVIS III driver here. Windows 10 and 11 are supported.

If you are using a 32 bit OS, you will need to use version 2019 or earlier.

More info on OS compatibility

To configure your device for ethernet connectivity, plug the ELVIS directly into your computer. Set the computer’s IP address to something that is on the same subnet as the ELVIS (ex. ELVIS IP is 192.168.1.54, set your computer’s IP to 192.168.x.x if subnet mask is 255.255.0.0. Subnet masks must match. IP addresses must be different.) Afterwards, expand "remote systems" and refresh. It should now show up and allow you to add software.

Hope you find this helpful!

Apex Waves Logo.png

Message 2 of 3
(1,069 Views)

Very very good. Thanks it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(902 Views)