NI ELVIS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the layout of the filesystem on the ELVIS III and where can I write data files for later transfer to the PC?

After a week of playing with the ELVIS III, I see how different it is from the ELVIS II. It does not use DAQmx or any File I/O Express VIs.

I think we need a dedicated thread for ELVIS III to separate the posts because of these large differences.

I understand that the ELVIS III is a separate computer from the host PC. This explains why compiled VIs now need to be deployed each time the source is changed, why the instruments are web-based and why files can no longer be written to or read from the host PC's hard drive at run time. Rather, for the the "write" case, they must be first stored locally on the ELVIS III hardware and then transferred by a file transfer protocol to the PC.

Does anyone know the layout of the filesystem on the ELVIS III. Where can I write? After I write, what tools can I use to see the newly created file?

Maybe unrelated but I see a filesystem on the PC for the ELVIS III USB device. It's mounted as "D:". Once the deployed VI has written a file on the ELVIS III, is it possible to see the new file via 😧 drive?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,110 Views)