NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EthernetIP and two network connections

I am using LabVIEW 2010 on a Windows XP PC.  This PC is connected to two different networks using two different network cards.  The first network is the local machine network.  It uses a static IP address and is used to connect to an Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLC using the LabVIEW Ethernet IP industrial communication.  The second connection is to the plant network and uses a dynamic address.  These connection is used for database integration.  The problem I am having is when both networks are connected and I start the VI, the LabVIEW Ethernet IP driver will not connect to the PLC.  If I disconnect the plant network, it will then connect to the PLC.  I then can reconnect the plant network and both will work fine.  I need to be able to start this VI and have both network connections connect without unplugging the plant network.  I have verified that the network adapter that uses the Ethernet IP communication is set to the higher priority.  Has anyone had this problem or having any suggestions? Thanks! Brad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,393 Views)

Hi Brad,

When you start the vi, is there traffic on the network (lights blinking rapidly)?  Have you tried playing with the netmask and gateway?

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,164 Views)

I replied in the main thread here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/message/19866#19866

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,164 Views)

Hi,

It seems I have the same problem as Brad.

We use labview 2010 on a windows xp machine with 2 network s one ethernet for wired network and one usb adapter for wifi network.

We use the wifi network to communicate with some other PCs, and precisely to start programatically an application on the distant PCs.

When the wired network ethernet card is disabled before starting labview, it works fine. But if the wired network ethernet card is enabled at the moment of starting Labview (which is the normal case), then we get an error 1379 when trying ton reach the distant PCs for opening the reference.

Ping works fine. The "remote debug an application" work fine also, but the "open reference" returns an 1379 error.

We did put a wildcard in the vi server machine acces listt.

We did check the "use a specific IP address" and precise the correct IP adress (corresponding to the usb wifi adapter) we want to use in the properties dialog box of the target "My computer". Is there an other way to tell labview to ignore the wired network wich seems to disturb it from using the wifi network?

Thank in advance for any help!

Sonia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,164 Views)

Disabling the firewalls on both network connections solved my problem.

Brad

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,164 Views)

ok thanks Brad.

unfortunately my firewalls are all disabled already.... so they must be something else I'm doing wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,164 Views)