NI Labs Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rudimentary Assistance Please!

I'm a retired technician, not an engineer.  My wife volenteered me to assist a group of 4th. graders in building robots as a school project.  The two teaches have no electronics background.

Anyway, the current task is to build a simple blinker board.  They are using a TI NE555P.  The PCB is poorle layed out and has one major flaw. The anode of LED2 is fed directly off of the 9v (DC) feed on one end and then LED1 is properly fed of R3 (220 Ohms)

I know how to fix that, but I want to show the teachers why this particulary design is falwed and I can't find the sample IC in the database.  How can I get that chip imported into that database?

I only have until Tuesday to get ths set up, Please help me!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,901 Views)

When you say sample IC in the database, are you referring to NI database? Is this a Texas Instru. product? I have looked on ti.com and found the spec sheets, but I am not sure what it is that you are asking for. Specifically, "chip imported into that database," what does that mean?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,105 Views)

Yes, the timer is a TI NE555P.

I was hoping to be able to just import its information into Multisim and then draw the failing circuit along with a repaired circuit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,105 Views)

Not sure about all of that. As far as I can gather, and just taking a poke at it so far; if I could wrangle the code from a TI guru it would be PSp, and noncompatible with Msim. But I'll bet dollars to donuts there is someone out there that has cracked this nut. I'll keep my eyes open, check back again.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,105 Views)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpVUl_y0EyQ

That's a step by step 4 min video.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,105 Views)