Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Smart Palette Utility

I have the exact same problem.

George

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,439 Views)

I assume your problem is the incorrect display on UI which truncates the string, not about returning nothing while you believe some recommendation should return.

If it's the latter one, please let us know and we will fix it as soon as possible.

The whole string displayed should be "Smart Palette is unable to return any recommendation. Please be suire that a block diagram is active and the VI is not running."

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,439 Views)

I found you original post in the download page.

Did you meet the problem (recommending nothing) after saving a new VI? If yes, that's a known issue. Try to exit and relaunch your LabVIEW, then open your VI and switch to its Block Diagram to use Smart Palette.

Please let us know if this doesn't work and the version of LabVIEW you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,439 Views)

>Try to exit and relaunch your LabVIEW, then open your VI and switch to its Block Diagram to use Smart Palette.<

I've done that. It doesn't help at all. I've restarted LV, opened an existing VI and still get the same message. I've also created new VIs and added code to them and then opened Smart Palette and still got the same message.

>Please let us know if this doesn't work and the version of LabVIEW you are using.<

I'm using version 11.0.1f2 (32 bit).

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,439 Views)

I installed exactly the same LabVIEW version on a clean test machine with Windows 7(32-bit) today, and Smart Palette works fine.

To figure out the problem of Smart Palette on your machine, could you please help us check below issues on your machine?

1. Step into the folder \Documents\LabVIEW Data\Smart Palette\ on your machine. There should be two files in this folder: Palette Heirachy.dat and Smart Palette. They are created the first time you launched Smart Palette. Please check if the size of the Palette Heirachy.dat is about 150 KB and the size of Smart Palette is 1 KB.

2. Smart Palette depends on the .Net Framework 2.0 or above version. Though it will be installed together with LabVIEW 2011 or later version, have you ever uninstalled .Net Framework manually? Please check it on your machine.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,439 Views)

I have the same problem that there are no recommandations. I also restarted LV and it doesn´t work with existing or new VIs.

>1. Step into the folder \Documents\LabVIEW Data\Smart Palette\ on your machine. There should be two files in this folder: Palette Heirachy.dat and Smart Palette. They are created the first time you launched Smart Palette. Please check if the size of the Palette Heirachy.dat is about 150 KB and the size of Smart Palette is 1 KB.

The Palette Heirachy.dat file is 0 Byte and the size of the Smart Palette.ini is 199 Byte.

>2. Smart Palette depends on the .Net Framework 2.0 or above version. Though it will be installed together with LabVIEW 2011 or later version, have you ever uninstalled .Net Framework manually? Please check it on your machine.

The .Net Framework 2.0 is installed on this machine. I´m using LabVIEW 2012.0f3 (32-bit). Futhermore when clicking an object on the block diagram the title of the smart palette window changes to "Recommandation for node <node name>" but there are no recommandations and only the text stated in the first post.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,439 Views)

Thanks very much for your detailed feedback!

I fixed the problem according to your clue. Now I've updated the Smart Palette intaller on the download page.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,439 Views)

The problem that the text is truncated is fixed. You can download the updated Smart Palette installer from here.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,439 Views)

The Smart Palette installer is updated. Now it can still work after a new VI is saved.

Please ignore the first known issue if you're using the latest installer.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,439 Views)