NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antivirus for Linux RT?

Are there any anitvirus packages compatible with NI's Linux RT (our targets include sbRIO-9561 and cRIO-9030), and does NI have any experience with any of them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,547 Views)

If you must, clamav is the defacto standard, although it is usually used to scan emails on a Linux/BSD mailserver. The other ones I found are x86-only or android-only. You could build it locally and have cronjobs to update the definitions and scan your filesystem.

That being said, I've used Linux for about 15 years and not once have I gotten a virus or malware (one time I ran a Windows VM that got infected, but all I had to do was to roll back to a previous snapshot). While the whole marketshare point has some value, realistically the system is designed to be difficult to compromise unless a severe remotely-exploitable vulnerability is found in a process or library that is being run as a privileged user (or a regular user and a privilege escalation vulnerability is added to this).

Proper, sane firewalling if your units will be on the unwashed Internet is probably the best and easiest approach. Of course, I don't claim to know it all, and am happy to learn otherwise.

Message 2 of 3
(2,871 Views)

I may have to...It's a customer demand Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,871 Views)