NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilingual Support on Embedded UI

Hello!

I'm using cRio 9031 to develop some heavy interface application.

The issue, I have right now, is that labels and text fields with russian symbols in dont display properly.

Is there a way to solve this problem w/o using web-based client, since there is already much work done?

I can replace labels with some graphics, but that doesn't  quite do it with text fields.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,783 Views)

Hey e_rush,

You should direct this question to our technical support team since the problem is related to limitations of the LabVIEW Run-Time and Real-Time module and not the OS. They will be able to assist you further with your question.

Tim A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,816 Views)

HI e_rush,

I think I know why it happens.

Please provide your contacts (skype or phone) and I'll share my experience. Too long to type

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,816 Views)

Hi Arman,

I too have run into the same language support issues on embedded UI.  Currently I don't think NI is going to fix or patch this in the near future.  I need to show Chinese and Japanese text, so this is extremely problematic for me.  My only solution right now is to take a screenshot of the my UI, cut/copy pictures of the text lines and paste the "pictures" over them.  Same thing for labels on buttons, switches, etc.  This gets more tedious as I have more labels on the UI.  Can you point me in the right direction?  (Don't want to take up your valuable time, but just something to get me started.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,816 Views)