ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My application freeze after sometime running in IC-3171

My application is runing in a IC-3171 with NI Linux Real-Time x64 4.14.87-rt49-cg-7.0.0f0-x64-189
A noted my application freezing after sometime running, intermittent. I noted when it occurs have the following error in real time error log:

kernel: [ 0.000000] [Firmware Bug]: TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata; please update microcode to version: 0x25 (or later)

I attached real time error log.

I am using LabVIEW 2019 and firmware 7.0.0 is the last version avaiable for me when I press update firmware on MAX.

My application stop work but NI-Linux sistem continues working, I can open terminal or connect with filezila to transfer files.

Anybody knows how to solve this firmwarebug?

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,294 Views)

Hi Abel, I am wondering if you got this issue solved? Did you find your answer somewhere else?

I am experiencing something very similar, I get the same error when I start my application program on the exact same controller and with the same firmware. Right now it seems like the application freezes intermittently after a day or 5 or 50... I´m not shure if the firmware bug is the problem but we have gone through the code quite many times now to find any other bug or issue to the problem but with no success...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(779 Views)

Hi AndersEm,

In fact after a long code review I conclude the problem was on complex data structure on front panel with much update. With my tests I could see that disabling Embbeded UI It didn't present this issue, as in my project I really need use the embbeded UI I made a large code refactoring to guarantee all arrays be pre-allocated , all queues and RT FIFOs with limited size and, in my case I was using a 2D  picture control, so I filter to limited among of data plotted on 2D picture control.

Best regards,

Abel

Abel Souza
Engenheiro Eletrônico
LabVIEW User since 8.5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(773 Views)

Hi, many thanks Abel for sharing your solving to the problem, I´ll take it to my colleagues so we can look in to if we have any similar problem. 

Did you solve both the error report and the controller freezing or just the freezing, with your changes?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(758 Views)