NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not the supervisor

I have the touch screen plugged in and a wireless mouse. None of those work anymore. The calibration does not start.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 54
(1,090 Views)

Honestly, I don't really have anything else that I can recommend short of formatting and reinstalling. One interesting bit, you say

LJHerskowitz wrote:

None of those work anymore.

What happened from "Working (although not great)" to "neither working"

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 54
(1,090 Views)

apparently I deleted too much because when I added back 10-evdev.conf the mouse and touch screen worked again (touch screen still had problems)

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 54
(1,090 Views)

After talking to National Instruments engineers, they found the problem was related to the 2014 version of the Xorg component driver which is solved in LabVIEW 2015.

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 54
(1,090 Views)

LJHerskowitz,

Thanks for closing the loop. We're going to look at improving this for future releases as well as making it a bit easier to roll out new updates and bugfixes a bit easier rather than having to wait for a new release.

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 54
(1,090 Views)

Hi BradM and all,

I have the same problem of LJHerskowitz while installing the driver of eGalax for my touch screen monitor. I have followed your instructions by changing the supervisor name from "root" to "admin" in the setup.sh file and the installation starts. I choose the USB touch monitor but installation stops with a message requiring a recompilation of the "uinput" module. I'm not able to recompile as on my cRIO there is not installed a gcc compiler. How can I install my touch screen monitor?

I use in my confuguration a cRIO 9030 with a touch monitor (Panel Industries model PMW17)

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 54
(1,090 Views)

Hi m-power,

This is what I was told to do:

" We were able to get the screen calibrated. It turned out to be an issue with the 2014 version of the Xorg component driver. We've also tested it in LabVIEW 2015 and that issue is no longer there anymore. The good news is that it should be pretty simple to fix your 2014 9030 controller.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Format the controller   to get it to the factory default state and reinstall the software

2. Copy the attached 99-calibration.conf into /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/

3. Plugin the screen and reboot the controller "

Hopefully that solves your issues as well.

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 54
(1,090 Views)

Hi LJHerskowitz ,

I have tried your tips but the touch screen does not work yet . In particular I'm able to move the pointer on the panel with my finger but the tapping does not work : I'm not able to open or close a window even if the pointer is positioned on the X of the window . I used the Labview 2014 SP1 That Is the latest version of Labview .

The OS on my cRIO 9030 is the XFCE 4.10 and I'm not allowed to upgrade to the 4.12 version that seems to work very well with eGalax driver .

Could you help me and suggest some tricks ?

Thank you for the support

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 54
(1,090 Views)

m-power wrote:

In particular I'm able to move the pointer on the panel with my finger but the tapping does not work : I'm not able to open or close a window even if the pointer is positioned on the X of the window . I used the Labview 2014 SP1 That Is the latest version of Labview .

The OS on my cRIO 9030 is the XFCE 4.10 and I'm not allowed to upgrade to the 4.12 version that seems to work very well with eGalax driver .

Could you help me and suggest some tricks ?

Thank you for the support

A few clarifications/corrections:

• The default behavior for xorg with a touchscreen input device is to have the "tap == click" behavior. Are you sure that taps are not being registered as clicks (but during the "tap", you actually move the cursor slightly when touching for the tap?) Use a tool like xev to check to make sure that the click is not being registered
  • XFCE4 version has little to do with whether an input device will work or not. It is a consumer of the input device driver, which is provided by Xorg. If there's a more fundamental issue with the driver, it doesn't matter what version of XFCE or any desktop environment you use.
  • OS, as a term, is larger and more encompassing than just the desktop environment you use. It is the kernel that abstracts and coordinates hardware access between userspace programs and those userspace programs which provide the basic building blocks for access that is generally considered an operating system. A DE is just the topmost, most visual component.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 54
(1,090 Views)

Hi BradM,

thanks for your clarifications. I have tried to use the XEV command but my DE don't recognize the command. Attached you will find a file obtained with the command less command where, maybe, you can find information on the confuguration for my touchscreen.

have a nice day

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 54
(1,090 Views)