NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripheral connected to SOM

Hi All

I would like to communicate with a libusb device (LPC based) connected to the SOM usb host port on the development board. I was succesfully able to connect to the peripheral via LV on my Windows PC through drivers created using NI VISA wizard. I would like to do the same on SOM now. The device is not being shown up in MAX when connected.

1. What could possibly be the reason for the device not being shown up in MAX? Does it mean that SOM was able to communicate with the device? 'lsmod' does not show any new module being loaded

2. I guess we have to develop some new driver for the communication. Can we use the VISA wizard to develop drivers for SOM? and if yes, how to install it on to SOM?

3. Is there any other driver similar to libusb which is already included in the OS which we could use for the same?

Regards

Jayaraj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,557 Views)

Hi jayaraj85.

Can you log into the target (either by the serial console or over ssh) and report back what the kernel shows when you plug in the device? You can access that by running the command dmesg right after you've plugged in the device.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,954 Views)

Hi BradM

Thanks for replying. We finally were able to see the device as a generic usb device on MAX. We did not change anything, except for a couple of rebooting and it started appearing on MAX. 'dmesg' shows that a 'new high speed USB device number 1 using xusbps-ehci. We still do not see any new driver being loaded, except for the ones already present there.

Thanks

Jayaraj

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,954 Views)

What kind of device is that, which protocol does it speak ?

Linux Embedded / Kernel Hacker / BSP / Driver development / Systems engineering
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,210 Views)