NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen Usage Discussion

It seems from reading through this discussion that the eGalax touch screen controllers will not work with a cRIO.

Has anyone been able to get them to work? I am trying to use a 7" Xenarc touchscreen monitor with a cRIO 9030. The touchscreen works with my Windows 10 laptop and Xenarc's drivers. The have drivers for 

Linux (Kernel 3.xx/4.xx/5.xx) Resistive Touch English 2.5.9321 - X86 32/64Bit

but I am unable to sort out how to install them. 

I am using the cRIO 20.5  September 2020 software set.

Should I just buy a different touchscreen panel? 

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(869 Views)

Hi jtjones0714,

I recommend getting a monitor with a Penmount series 6000 touchscreen controller, that should work with a cRIO.

I am using an Advantech 15", panel mount touchscreen monitor ( model:FPM-815S-R6AE ) on a cRIO 9036. It's out of the box compatible, just connect it up, no messing around with drivers.

I am also using the cRIO 20.5 software set.

Not sure if that helps, you appear to want a much smaller display.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(865 Views)

We have deployed dozens of cRIO-9045,cRIO-9047 with smallPC's 10.5 Touchscreen (model RWD104E-HDMI-EC ).  They utilized the EETI's egalax( EETI RAP4502UPEG-E2 controller which uses a custom ETR4000 controller IC). However, smallPC's newer RWD104P-HDMI-EC uses a newer  MER4040UFBG controller which uses a newer EETI ECX7700 controller IC.   The older RAP4502 has been around for many years however EETI has obsoleted the ETR4000 IC and thus obsoleted the RAP4502UPEG-E2 and is now only shipping the MER4040UFBG controller.   These newer chipsets do not work with NI Linux RT (20.5) meaning that there is no touch response. The device is recognized as a USB device and you can even monitor for mouse events and they the OS does see it. It is just not being mapped correctly to a mouse input.   (We haven't tried the latest NI Linux RT yet.  EETI (https://www.eeti.com/drivers_Linux.html) does have a driver and when we saw the same issue on a UBUNTU laptop we downloaded and installed the driver and it fixed for the laptop. However the installer script didn't work on the 9045 (even after editing the script file to check for "admin" and not "root" permissions.  It is failing on a CheckInput. Commented that out of the code and ran it with no apparent errors but made the cRIO useless for any TouchScreen so we reimaged it.  

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(672 Views)