NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install LTTng on 9039 via opkg

Solved!
Go to solution

So there appear to be several packages for LTTng available via opkg, and we'd absolutely love to install them in order to trace some weirdness in one of our applications -- but when I run the installs, even though no errors are thrown, I can't actually find a "lttng" executable anywhere on the system afterwards. Is there another set of packages that I should be installing as well? Some configuration I need to run?

The actual "opkg install lttng* -V4" command runs without any visible errors or warnings.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,621 Views)

I should also note that after installing a huge number of additional dependencies, I can get the *-ust portion of the LTTng package to compile successfully, but am running into weird makefile issues with the other two portions ("tools" and "modules") of the build. I've reached out to the LTTng project as well, but was hoping that someone out there had already made this work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,596 Views)

If anybody can tell me where I can find the Linux headers for RT, that would be absolutely fantastic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,590 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TomDavidson

For future reference, for anyone trying to build something using an existing Makefile but wondering where the hell the headers are, you will find these commands useful:

source /usr/local/natinst/tools/versioning_utils.sh
setup_versioning_env

make KERNELDIR=/var/volatile/tmp/headers/kernel

(Also, if you're going to install LTTng, don't use the version of the *-ust tree available in opkg. It's non-executable and out of date, and will actually prevent you from successfully building the other two components of the full install.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,571 Views)