Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN connection for cRIO 9068

Hi,

I have installed requirements to my virtual machine (64bit ubuntu 12.04);

apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

apt-get install build-essential

apt-get install squashfs-tools

Then downloaded the kernel source for the ARMV7-A (http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/src/) and applied patches successfully, I have exactly seen the output you showedat the previous post.

Downloaded the toolchain for ARMV7-A from http://www.ni.com/download/labview-real-time-module-2014/4957/en/ and followed these steps:

chmod +x oecore-x86_64-armv7a-vfp-neon-toolchain-2.0.sh

./oecore-x86_64-armv7a-vfp-neon-toolchain-2.0.sh

Enter the target directory for SDK (default: /usr/local/oecore-x86_64):

Extracting SDK...done

Setting it up...done

SDK has been successully set up and ready to be used.

And, I have added the missing modules t configuration file (ni_zynq_defconfig)

CONFIG_XFRM_USER=y

CONFIG_NET_KEY=y

CONFIG_IPV6_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y

export ARCH=arm

export CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnueabi/

make ni_zynq_defconfig

/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014/scripts/basic/Makefile:21: warning: ignoring old commands for target `scripts/basic/fixdep'

HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o

HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf

#

# configuration written to .config

#

And finally I have tried "make ni-pkg" and received these errors

root@ugurcil-VirtualBox:/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014# make ni-pkg

make: /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnueabi/gcc: Command not found

scripts/Makefile.host:118: warning: overriding commands for target `scripts/basic/fixdep'

/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014/scripts/basic/Makefile:21: warning: ignoring old commands for target `scripts/basic/fixdep'

scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig

make: /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnueabi/gcc: Command not found

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `ni-pkg'.  Stop.

make: *** [ni-pkg] Error 2

Do you have any idea about this situation?

Best

Ugur

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,578 Views)

First,

cilugur wrote:

And, I have added the missing modules t configuration file (ni_zynq_defconfig)

CONFIG_XFRM_USER=y

CONFIG_NET_KEY=y

CONFIG_IPV6_MULTIPLE_TABLES=y

How did you make these changes? Did you use something like "menuconfig"? Don't just add them to the .config/nati_zynq_defconfig file.

Next,

cilugur wrote:

export ARCH=arm

export CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnu eabi/

This is not correct. Read up a bit more on how to cross-compile kernels for an idea on how to use the CROSS_COMPILE variable. For our distributed tools, you want to use something like .../sysroots/x86_64-nilrtsdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnueabi/arm-nilrt-linux-gnueabi-

Keep in mind, you are way, way off of what NI expects that you'll do with our controllers, and as such there's no support. I'm just helping out since it's interesting. I just wanted to make sure to set expectations correctly.

I just checked by running a build locally, and it works fine. I'll post the commands I used (with some parts redacted as they'll be different on your system) but I highly recommend you take the time to learn about the commands you are running, not just blindly running them without understanding them!

~/temp/linux $ wget http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/src/linux-nizynq-2014.tar.gz

~/temp/linux $ tar xzf linux-nizynq-2014.tar.gz

~/temp/linux $ cd linux-nizynq-2014/

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ wget http://download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/src/ni_image_creation_patches.tar.gz

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ tar xzf ni_image_creation_patches.tar.gz

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ patch -p1 < 0001-builditb-Generate-needed-files-for-NI-Zynq-boards.patch

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ patch -p1 < 0002-ni-dts-Add-device-codes-remove-proto-dts.patch

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ patch -p1 < 0003-buildnipkg-Rename-builditb-to-be-more-general.patch

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ export ARCH=arm

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ export CROSS_COMPILE=$PATH_TO_SYSROOTS/x86_64-nilrtsdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnueabi/arm-nilrt-linux-gnueabi-

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ make ni_zynq_defconfig

// Use make menuconfig to make your changes

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ make ni-pkg

~/temp/linux/linux-nizynq-2014 $ ls ni-install/arm/

boot  headers  lib

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,578 Views)

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for your all replies, I really appreciate your helps. And I know you are helping me although you dont have to.. So thank you again and again...

I have compiled the kernel with necessary modifications. 

root@ugurcil-VirtualBox:/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014# export ARCH=arm

root@ugurcil-VirtualBox:/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014# export CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-nilrtsdk-linux/usr/bin/armv7a-vfp-neon-nilrt-linux-gnueabi/arm-nilrt-linux-gnueabi-

root@ugurcil-VirtualBox:/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014# cp arch/arm/configs/ni_zynq_defconfig .config

root@ugurcil-VirtualBox:/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014# make menuconfig

HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c

SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c

HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o

HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/mconf

scripts/kconfig/mconf Kconfig

#

# configuration written to .config

#

*** End of the configuration.

*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

root@ugurcil-VirtualBox:/home/ugurcil/Desktop/PMU/linux-nizynq-2014# make ni-pkg

And copied the kernel image, modules, and header squashfs to my cRIO according to instructions on the readme file (https://github.com/ni/nilrt/blob/master/KERNEL_SOURCE.txt)

Then I rebooted the target (cRIO) and I can ping it and also connect via browser

picture.png

But I cannot establish an ssh connection. When I tried to connect, I receive this error:

Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 2.06.41 PM.png

I have tried to figure out and solve the problem but I could not.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thank in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,578 Views)

Hmm, that's a new one on me. I'd recommend enabling serial console and using that to get a better idea of what's going on in the system.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,578 Views)