NI Linux Real-Time Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"GLib" error during ./configure

Hi,

I am trying to install a bluetooth driver "Bluez" on myRIO. I unzip the .tar and use ./configure to generate make file. Everything is OK until the message shows up:"configure: error: GLib >=2.28 is required". Attached is the "config.log" file.

My question is where can I get the "GLib"? Is it something named "libglib" that can be downloaded from: download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/ ? If you know this, please give me some detailed instruction.

I have been working on this long time and I really hope I can get any help from here. Thank you!

Aoyu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,232 Views)

A few more bits of information concerning what version of software you're using with the myRIO would be helpful. Are you using 2013 or 2014? In any case, yes, glib is a library for some common functionality, and, considering that the configure script is looking for it, you would probably be best served by installing the -dev version of the package. Note that this involves installing the package through opkg, however for the 2014 setup, glib is not currently on the feed server.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Hi Brad,

I just upgraded my LabVIEW to 2014 and I do download Glib from the link:

https://download.gnome.org/sources/glib/

Now, I have unzip it and do ./configure without problem.

But when I ran "make", it shows :

WARNING: "aclocal-1.13" is missing on your system.

you should only need it if you modified 'acinclude.m4' or 'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.

The 'aclocal' program is part of the GNU Automake package;

make:***[aclocal.m4] Error 127

Then, I download the automake.ipk from download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/

But I just found that there are endless package I need to install before I can install "aotumake". Some of the packages cannot be found from download.ni.com/ni-linux-rt/

Brad, is there any good method to fix the aclocal.m4 error?

Thank you !

Aoyu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Try to install the automake package from opkg through the feed servers instead of manually downloading each package and installing them.

opkg update

opkg install automake

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Better yet,

opkg update

opkg install packagegroup-core-buildessential

This will get the packages that you need to build most packages from source.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Brad,

But how to download package from the feed servers? Does this need myRIO connected to the Internet?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Yes, the myRIO needs to be connected to the Internet. You can either configure network bridging on your Windows machine (to share the Internet connection over the Ethernet-over-USB connection) or use a USB-based network adapter. Of course, it may be easier to just load the libraries manually, especially if you don't have one of the wifi-enabled controllers (or a suitable wireless network to connect to)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Brad,

I am trying to install automake manually. Before that, I need to install "autoconf". When I install the autoconf, it tells me to install "perl-module-carp" first. But I have to install "per-module-exporter" before that. Then I download the "perl-module-exporter", only to find that I need "per-module-exporter-heavy".

What drives me totally mad is that, when I try to install the "perl-module-exporter-heavy", it tells me to install "perl-module-exporter" and "per-module-carp" first! How can two packages depend on each other?? There's no way to install them in this situation. This is a chicken and egg problem.....

How can I get out of this and install automake successfully?

Thank you Brad.

Best,

Aoyu

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Brad,

To avoid lots of manual work, I think I do necessarily need to connect myRIO to Internet. I hope it can share the network with the host computer through USB connection.

I do get some instruction from http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/331DBB53607736C186257BCE0054C7E9

But this is far beyong my understanding.. Do you have a step by step tutorial about how to connect myRIO to Internet?

Thank you so much!

Aoyu

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,524 Views)

Let me answer your two posts even though either would solve your issue.

Aoyu wrote:

I am trying to install automake manually. Before that, I need to install "autoconf". When I install the autoconf, it tells me to install "perl-module-carp" first. But I have to install "per-module-exporter" before that. Then I download the "perl-module-exporter", only to find that I need "per-module-exporter-heavy".

What drives me totally mad is that, when I try to install the "perl-module-exporter-heavy", it tells me to install "perl-module-exporter" and "per-module-carp" first! How can two packages depend on each other?? There's no way to install them in this situation. This is a chicken and egg problem.....

Yes, this is a circular dependency that exists, and, when installing throught opkg from the feed servers, opkg will do the task of breaking these circular dependencies. You can get the same overall effect by using the --nodeps opkg flag (it tells opkg to ignore the dependencies for the package you are installing). This, however, will be a long and annoying process...

The guide you linked to is pretty thorough, the only thing I could see may be of benefit is where exactly to find the dialog shown in the guide as well as the listing of the network interfaces. Unfortunately, I would imagine the exact instructions will change a bit from one version of Windows to the next. I would just do a search online on where to change network interface settings for your particular version of Windows. I know it's a bit of a lame answer, but I don't really have a Windows machine to play with and it is likely that the actual locatoin will indeed change a bit from one version to the next.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,524 Views)