NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older versions of NI Packet Manager

Short story:

I am trying to find the download page for NI Packet Manager ver. 22.5.0.  I found it on a different computer last week, so I know there is a way.  Today I can find the latest version here  https://www.ni.com/en/support/downloads/software-products/download.package-manager.html#322516, but that page doesn't have the option to get older versions.  I need the older version.  Can someone send me a link to a page that offers older versions?  It existed last week, but I cannot find it now.  Thanks.

Long story (no need to read if you can answer question above):

I am working from home setting up a cRIO-9055 for my employer with their computer that cannot access the internet.  Their computer has LV 2022Q3 installed. I tried installing LabVIEW (LV) Real-Time on the cRIO by right-clicking on Software under the cRIO in NI MAX and clicking Add/Remove Software.  Three steps had green checks, then it said Installation Failed.  At that point the cRIO showed Disconnected in MAX.  Removing and replacing power and hardware resets did not help.  I then followed the steps in the cRIO-905x Getting Started Guide – The cRIO-905x is Not Communicating with the Network section, Communication was re-established. I Performed the following steps:

• Confirmed the IP address for the cRIO-9055.
  • Within the project:
    • Confirmed that the cRIO was listed under Remote Systems.
    • Expanded Software and saw that there was no software installed on the cRIO.
    • Used Add/Remove Software to add LabVIEW Real-Time to the cRIO.
      • Logged in as ‘admin; and chose the version listed for 2022 Q3.
      • The first three steps had green checks, but then it said the procedure failed (red X).
    • In MAX the cRIO showed as Disconnected and could not connect, even after reset and power cycle.
    • Performed the steps in the Getting Started Guide, cRIO-905x, Troubleshooting the Controller, The cRIO-905x is Not Communicating with the Network.
      • Had to enter the IP address for the cRIO.
      • Procedure was successful. cRIO showed as Connected in MAX.
    • Still no software listed in MAX for cRIO.
    • Again used Add/Remove Software to attempt to add LabVIEW Real-Time to the cRIO.
      • Logged in as ‘admin; and immediately received attached pop-up cRIO-Error.bmp.

I then began trying to install the software using the steps from the article Install NI Software with Offline Feeds for Offline Machines.  I had LV 2024 community edition on my home computer, but for various reasons I do not have a current NI login for an active SSP.  I traveled to my employer and used one of their computers to download NI Packet Manager ver 22.5.0.  I am trying to keep everything on my employer's computer in compatible versions, so I wanted to use that version of NIPM to create the feeds.  In order to install NIPM 2022Q3 on my home computer I had to uninstall ver 2024.  WARNING: this also uninstalled ALL NI software on my home computer.  Using NIPM 22.5.0 I have successfully created the feeds.  However, I do not have the Offline version of NIPM 22.5.0 to install on the offline employer machine.  When I go to the download page for NIPM I no longer see an option for previous versions.  

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(156 Views)

You will need download from the INSTALL OFFLINE dialog and the 22.5 is probably the 2022 Q3. (I have 22.8 as the 2022 Q4)

Message 2 of 2
(153 Views)