NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About TestStand Install

屏幕截图 2022-11-18 181815.png

When I install TestStand 2017 32 bit /2019 32 bit  on win11, the mistake attacked.

Reinstall does not help.

Could anyone, please, help me with this issue and suggest, what can cause it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(802 Views)

You can only have one version of TestStand active at any given time. Since you installed TestStand 2017 and Teststand 2019, only one of those versions can be used at any given time. In your case, TestStand 2019 is currently the active version so you can't use 2017.

You can swap between what is active using the "TestStand Version Selector" tool that NI provides. This allows you to select which version of Teststand you want to use if multiple are installed. Yours will look slightly different than mine, but the same idea holds. This tool is installed with TestStand.

ShockHouse_0-1668783868836.png

See here for the knowledge base: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PfGSAU

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(771 Views)

Thank you but the problem still exists when there was only one verison of teststand on my computer.

When I try to activiate it by the teststand version manager, the application shows the error.

屏幕截图 2022-11-19 094929.png屏幕截图 2022-11-19 092236.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(759 Views)

Normally after TestStand installation you need to reboot your computer. After reboot, after Windows is merrily running, after couple of second you should see some progress bar indicating installation finalization. I think your last error means that the finalization can't run after reboot. Like something is blocking it in the OS? I would suggest to look at it and make sure finalization is done after installation.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(702 Views)