NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch model - How to prevent disabled sockets from displaying an empty window?

Hello,

When using the batch model we often disable certain sockets that are not being used. When we do this, TestStand still pops open blank execution windows for the unused sockets. This considerably shrinks down the usable space for the sockets being used. As an example, if I have a 3-socket batch test being ran but am only using the middle socket (socket 1), then when the test is running it only has 1/4 of the screen available to see the steps and details. This is mainly during development (not the user interface), but that's exactly when I need the screen size to be reasonable to be able to do dev/debug. Is there a simple menu item I'm missing that says "do not show disabled sockets"? If not, I'd like to be able to control this through code so that I can control when the window is shown or not based on whether the socket is disabled.

Is there any way to make TestStand not open an empty window if the socket is disabled?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,044 Views)

It would be preferred that the disabled sockets not show up at all, but another option would be if they simply opened in the same frame as the original sequence. For example, when you click run on a sequence that uses the sequential model then the new instance is opened in the same window frame as the original sequence (so the original sequence is just another tab, essentially "behind" the now opened running window). If all newly opened windows were just opened as another tab then it would be much less of a hindrance to simply click on the tab that I wanted to see.

Anyone know of a way to accomplish either of these options?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,979 Views)

I was able to achieve a "not great but still better than default" behavior by creating some statements with the Batch model variables "Locals.ModelData.ModelOptions.TileExecutions" and "Locals.ModelData.ModelOptions.NumTestSockets". If only one socket is active (even if it's not socket 0) then TileExecutions is set to false. I also set NumTestSockets to be the value of the highest socket that is being used. This prevents unused sockets above that value from even being displayed. It's still not handling many of the scenarios where this becomes a problem, but it does clean up some of them. Now if I'm only running socket 3 then it will simply disable the tiling, which means I can easily view socket 3 in a full window space. If I'm running socket 0 and 1 (out of 5), then it sets NumTestSockets=2, which removes sockets 2, 3, and 4 so the screen is only split in half (instead of 6th's).

Again, still not what I'm really looking for, but at least it helps in some instances.

I'm hoping there's a way to just prevent the disabled sockets from even showing up, which would solve pretty much all scenarios...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,958 Views)